Orzo with Rocket, Semi-Dried Tomatoes and Pine Nuts
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 brown eschalots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g orzo pasta (shaped like large grains of rice)
- 4 cups hot chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 150g semi-dried tomatoes, halved
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 40g grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
Note: soft and intensely flavoured, these tomatoes can be used in the same way as dried tomatoes.
Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat and add eschalots and garlic, stirring until onion is soft. Add orzo and toss to coat in butter.
Stir in the stock and wine, bring to the boil and then simmer, stirring occasionally, until orzo is al dente and stock is almost absorbed. Stir in tomatoes, rocket and parsley.
Serve topped with parmesan and pine nuts.